It started in 1886...
Follow the impressive history and most important milestones of KLINGER in Gumpoldskirchen.
1886 – 1928
- 1886 The young engineer Richard Klinger opens a small engineering workshop in Vienna.
- A mere four years later he invents the reflex level gauge.
- In 1892 Richard Klinger purchases premises for the founding of the "Gumpoldskirchner Maschinen- und Metallwarenfabrik".
- 1898 Creation of the "Klingerit®", the revolutionary calendared compressed asbestos fibre gasket material.
- 1923 Richard Klinger invests in the public lighting infrastructure of Gumpoldskirchen.
1928 – 1957
- In 1928 Karl Klinger takes over the business.
- Klingerit® 1000, an oil-resistant jointing material with wire mesh, is developed for head gaskets in combustion engines.
- In 1931 the company is converted into a joint stock company.
- The connection to the automotive industry opens up a new market segment - the production of brake pads.
1957 – 1984
- In 1957 Hubert Klinger-Lohr becomes the new managing director of the Group.
- Expansion of manufacturing sites and build-up of a European Distribution network with a 24/7 service.
- 1980 KLINGERSIL®, the world's first high-pressure jointing sheet based on synthetic and mineral fibres, is developed.
- Production of large industrial-scale ball valves - Ballostar®.
1984 – 2012
- Dr. Thomas Klinger-Lohr becomes managing director of the KLINGER Group.
- 1992 The production of KLINGER®top-chem is launched.
- 2004 Celebration of the 111th anniversary and inauguration of the new office Building.
- 2009 Introduction of the revolutionary high-temperature sealing material KLINGER® Quantum.
- Opening of new subsidiaries in Russia, Thailand and China.
- Group Management under Daniel Schibli, Christoph Klinger-Lohr and Peter Müller.
- Strategic acquisitions in target segments and regions (Oil & Gas, Marine, US, Africa)
- Focus on services and organic growth outside of Europe.
- Initialization of Group Innovation and Talent Management programs.